THINKING ABOUT STARTING AN eCOMMERCE WEBSITE OR BUSINESS?
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Business idea & Business Market: What industry, business or niche will you be selling in (or starting in!)
- Product or services source (wholesale product source or employees or freelancers that will do the services you will sell.
- Website Hosting Plan (Bluehost.com, GoDaddy.com, HostGator.com . . .) Every website needs to be hosted on servers which is what you are paying the hosting company for. This should cost between $120 to $180 for your first year.
- URL Name – Website Address (mybusinessname.com) Most hosting companies will include one free url with your hosting account purchase. (Many people purchase their name when they first get their idea and then wind up paying for a second url when they finally get around to signing up for a hosting account. This is unnecessary.)
- Web Design Company or Web Design Freelancer who will design your project. (A professional web designer will protect you from the very predatory “upgrades” charges at every stage of the process of building your own website.)
ECommerce Advantages to Businesses & Organizations:
- By using E-Commerce, a business or organization can expand their market to national and international markets with minimum capital investment. An organization can easily locate more customers, best suppliers and suitable business partners across the globe.
- E-Commerce helps new businesses get up and running without all of the expenses of starting a brick and mortar store. By staring to sell products or services online, a company can reduce the cost to obtain, distribute, render and manage a retail business for very little money.
- Organizations can set up for monthly or yearly subscriptions and even request donations.
- E-commerce increases the brand image of any company. It can be used with social media to greatly improve the reach of the company and/or business profile.
- E-Commerce is the only business that, once setup, can work almost exclusively on “auto pilot”. It is much less labor intensive than a brick and mortar business.
- E-Commerce automates purchase information and your records are created and stored in a database automatically.
eCommerce Advantages for Customers & Clients:
- Customers can view your showroom 24 hours a day. They can browse your aisles and make purchases 24 hours a day. They can bookmark your business pages for easy reference when they are holding off purchase for their next paycheck.
- A 24 hour a day E-Commerce application provides user more shopping options and therefore a quicker delivery of products.
- An eCommerce website allows clients and customers the option of comparing services in order to select the cheaper and better-fitting options.
- eCommerce allows customer feedback by displaying customer reviews. This gives added confidence to new buyers.
- eCommerce allows the business owner the option of opening more “locations” by simply purchasing additional web addresses that will point to the master website..
eCommerce Advantages to Society
- Customers need not to travel to shop a product thus less traffic on road and less gas use and less air pollution.
- E-Commerce allows the less-affluent to also enter the retail and services businesses with very little overhead.
- E-Commerce has enabled access to services and products to rural areas that were not available to them before.
Learn more about building an eCommerce website with www.DeerfieldWebDesigner.com.