How to Close an Amazon Account:
It’s pretty easy to close an Amazon account, as long as you have an extra 25 minutes to half hour to figure out how to do it!
I opened a dummy amazon account in order to figure out the creation process, and then once I had the dummy account, I found out how hard it is to close one. When I say hard, I mean pain in the @#$%. Apparently, Amazon.com is set up to discourage the closing of any accounts. There are no links to close the account on your settings page, which is where you would normally find one, and there is nothing about it in the FAQ pages; hence, this video.
When you see the video, you will see how clever it is all hidden. I guess by making it really hard to close accounts, they never have to report too many customer losses! No wonder the stock price is through the roof. Who knows why they make it so hard, but it is.
You can watch the video above, but because it is a bit of a circuitous route, I have posted the route below. Hopefully, I can save you a wild goose chase.
I’ll list below the exact route: This is being posted in November of 2013. As soon as 5 people get the route down pat, they will probably change it. But here it is today:
- Go to Amazon.com and log into your account.
- Click on “Your Account”.
- Go down to the end of the page and click on “Help” under the “Let us help you” column. You will land on the Help & Customer Service Page.
- Click the “Site Features” link in the left side bar. This opens up the Site Features page. Located in the left side bar, at the bottom, you will be able to click on the “contact us” button.
- Click the contact us button and it might bring you to a sign in page (you’re already signed up, by the way) so just click on the” sign in using the secure serve”r button.
- You should be on the Customer Service Page at this point. Select an Issue – Choose Other Services. Leave the Order ID blank. Click on the Send us an Email link and request that they close your account.
I hope I saved you the 30 minutes it took me to get the routine to contact Amazon about closing an account.